How long does Mozy keep my files?
Article ID: 000003403
Mozy's cloud storage service will always have the latest copy of a file if the following conditions are met:
- You have an active account in good standing.
- The computer was not deleted or replaced.
- The file has not been deleted or removed.
- The file was selected to be backed up and was backed up successfully.
Mozy also keeps a copy of each backup for a certain period of time. This allows you to restore files that might have been accidentally deleted or changed. The retention period for each backup, (how long Mozy will keep files) varies according to the type of Mozy account and are explained below. The same retention period applies to when a computer has been replaced.
MozyHome will keep the previous 30 days of backups and versions available for restore.
For example: If you deleted a file by accident on the 1st day of the month, you will have until the 30th of that same month to restore the file.
- MozyHome Free accounts are subjected to deletion after 30 days of inactivity.
- If a MozyHome subscription is unable to be automatically renewed it reverts to a MozyHome Free account and is subjected to the 30 day inactivity rule retroactively.
MozyPro will keep the previous 60 days of backups and versions available for restore.
For example: If you deleted a file by accident on January 1st 2013, the file would have remained available for restore until March 1st 2013.
MozyEnterprise & MozyPro Reseller :
MozyEnterprise and Reseller accounts will keep the previous 90 days worth of backups and versions available for restore.
For example: If you deleted a file by accident on January 1st 2013, the file would have remained available for restore until April 1st 2013.
Note: For information on restoring earlier versions of a files, see How do I change the date for the files I want to restore?