- Are you wondering if you are running the latest version of Mozy? Follow these simple instructions to make sure that each computer on your account is up to date.
- Mozy's services are not impacted by the OpenSSL Heartbeat Vulnerability (Heartbleed) CVE-2014-0160.
How do I verify the backups are running correctly?
Article ID: 000003385
You can verify your computer is backing up correctly by viewing the History window in Mozy.
To view History in the Windows client:
- Right-click the Mozy icon in the system tray (next to your system clock).
- Select History from the menu.
- Use the History window to determine the results of each backup and when they have ran.
Note: Click on a specific backup entry to display details for each file in the lower window.
To view History in the Mac client:
- Click on the Mozy icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select Open Mozy Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click the History button on the left side of the Summary tab.
Note: A green gem means the backup completed successfully, a red gem indicates that it ended in an error, and a yellow gem indicates an incomplete backup with no error code reported. Click on a specific backup entry to display details for each file.