- Are you wondering if you are running the latest version of Mozy? Follow these simple instructions to make sure that each computer on your account is up to date.
- Mozy's services are not impacted by the OpenSSL Heartbeat Vulnerability (Heartbleed) CVE-2014-0160.
How do I restore my files?
Article ID: 000005092
- Log in to your account at https://secure.mozy.com. For MozyPro, refer to the images below for steps on how to get to the web restore page.
- To restore everything you have backed up, click Emergency Restore at the top of the page, then complete the on-screen setup wizard. The last option of the setup wizard corresponds to step 8 below.
- To do a selective restore, click on the Devices tab, then click on the name of the computer you want to restore from.
- If you're restoring after replacing a computer, or restoring a previous version of a file, select the Change Date option from the right side of the page, under Actions, then choose the backup date from which you would like to restore.
- Browse through the file structure and choose the specific files/folders that you would like to restore. You can also select Include Deleted Files to include all files available for restore.
- When you are finished selecting the files you want, select Large Download Options from the Actions section.
- Enter a name for your restore, then click Next
- Choose which method you would like to use to restore your files, then click Next and follow the on-screen directions for that restore type.
If you select the Recommended: Download using the Mozy Restore Manager method, be sure to install the Restore Manager from the file you download in step one, before clicking the Begin Download button.
For frequently asked questions and help topics, see I need help restoring files.
MozyHome and MozyPro