- Are you wondering if you are running the latest version of Mozy? Follow these simple instructions to make sure that each computer on your account is up to date.
- Mozy's services are not impacted by the OpenSSL Heartbeat Vulnerability (Heartbleed) CVE-2014-0160.
Send Files to Mozy by Data ShuttleMozy User Guide
Article Reference ID:
The Data Shuttle device arrives with instructions in the package. Refer to these instructions to begin using Data Shuttle. When the Data Shuttle device is connected, the Data Shuttle wizard provides guidance for the file transfer process.
Following is a general overview of using Data Shuttle.
- Choose one of the following options.
- If the Mozy backup software is not yet installed on the computer to be backed up with Data Shuttle, download and install it now. For more information, see Download Mozy Software.
- If a backup with Mozy is currently underway, go to the next step.
- Connect the Data Shuttle device to an available eSata or USB 2.0 port on the computer. If a backup is in progress, it automatically stops and is redirected to the Data Shuttle device.
- (Optional) If you have multiple Data Shuttle devices connected, then select the volume you want to use when prompted.
- Verify and save the selection of files for transfer. The transfer of files starts automatically, encrypting the files and transferring them from the computer to the Data Shuttle device.
- (Conditional) If the size of the transfer is large enough, more than one Data Shuttle device is sent. In that case, when prompted to do so, connect the additional Data Shuttle devices successively as the transfer proceeds.
- Once the files have been transferred, pack the Data Shuttle device, the cables, and the power cord into the original packaging and return it to Mozy using the provided overnight shipping label.