If you need to restore all your files, the Emergency Restore Wizard is the fastest way to ensure all your files are selected. Files are restored from all drives for the selected computer. Only the most recently backed up versions of files are restored.
Regardless of the delivery method you choose, getting all your files may take some time. Therefore, if you urgently need a few files, consider downloading only those files while you wait for the rest to arrive. For more information, see Choosing Files from Mozy on the Web.
- Use a Web browser to log in to your account online. Choose one of these options:
- At https://mozy.com/login, type your email address and password in the appropriate fields, then click Log In.
- If you use MozyPro or MozyEnterprise and if your administrator provided you with a URL, use that URL in your browser's address bar, then press Enter, type your email address and password in the appropriate fields, then click Log In. The URL should resemble https://subdomain.mozy.com/login, where subdomain is replaced by the actual subdomain for your MozyPro or MozyEnterprise account.
- Click Emergency Restore, in the upper-right corner of the page. The Restore Wizard appears.
- Select the computer or device to restore files from, then click Next. You can restore all files from only one device at a time.
- Provide a name for this set of files, up to 64 characters, then click Next. A unique name for each set of files is helpful if you are restoring more than once, or for different devices, or with different files selected.
- (Optional) Change the date from which to restore to get versions of files from before today, then click Next. For example, if you need versions of files from before your computer was infected with a virus, you can select any versions files backed up within your grace period.
- (Optional) Select Include Deleted Files to include files considered deleted within your grace period, then click Next.
Important: You should do this if the backup software was installed on a new computer and the Replace Computer process was used to complete the first backup with none of your files present on that new computer. If this is not selected, none of your previously backed up files are included.
- Choose the delivery method for your set of files: Choosing Delivery Method in Mozy Online.
- Click Next.
- Choose one of these actions:
- If you chose Recommended: Download using the Restore Manager, see Download Files Manually.
- If you chose Download Compressed Archives, see Download Files with the Restore Manager.
- If you chose Ship on Media, see Provide Shipping and Payment Information for a Media Restore.