Backup for Windows 2.24 Release NotesMozy User Guide
Article Reference ID:
This topic provides release notes for this version of the Mozy backup software for Windows. Release notes identify new and changed features, as well as any issues.
- Fixed an issue that prevented changes made to a large EFS encrypted file during the initial backup from being backed up properly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users that have upgraded to version 2.24.0 from being able to successfully back up changed files (ServerError17).
- Fixed an issue that caused the backup software to quit.
- Fixed an issue that caused errors (SE2 :107) when attempting to back up large virtual hard disk (.vhd) files.
New and Changed Features
This section describes features that are new or changed in this release.
Easier Process for Restoring Backup Selections
If you save your configuration information when uninstalling the backup software, you are now asked during reinstallation if you want to use that saved information. Previously, you had to manually copy the configuration file to the appropriate location after completing the reinstallation. Using the saved information restores file selections, backup set selections, and custom backup sets. For more information, see Install Mozy Backup Software for Windows.
Back Up Files with Longer File Paths and Names
You can now back up files with paths, including the file name, longer than 256 characters. However, the actual file name is still limited by the operating system to 256 characters, and the operating system and applications might impose other path restrictions.
Access to Restored Files in Windows Explorer through the History Tab
Restored files listed in the History tab of the backup software Settings window can be accessed in Windows Explorer. Access the file by clicking the appropriate restoration event in the top table, right-clicking the file in the bottom table, and choosing to show the file in Windows Explorer. If the restored file is in a different location than the original file and the original file still exists, you can access either file. For more information, see See Backup History in Mozy Backup Software for Windows.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users with access to the Access files online feature from using the feature.
- Fixed an issue causing the backup software to potentially back up the sync folder, requiring users to manually exclude the folder from backups.
- Added details to the log that explain why a particular file was backed up again entirely instead of just the changes to the file.
- Fixed an issue that prevented files that are in use (locked) from being backed up and caused an error (FilesystemError2).
- Fixed an issue when using the Data Shuttle feature that caused the Status window to open after a backup even though the option to hide the window was selected.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused an unnecessary backup to start right after another backup completes.
- Fixed issues that caused the backup of a file to start over instead of resuming. These issues occurred with the backup of a large file after the connection to the Mozy cloud was lost (Connectionerror7), after the backup was paused and the file was changed several times, and after a backup error.
- Fixed a rare issue where the use of the backup software status icons caused some applications to quit while performing common activities, such as saving a file.