- Are you wondering if you are running the latest version of Mozy? Follow these simple instructions to make sure that each computer on your account is up to date.
- Mozy's services are not impacted by the OpenSSL Heartbeat Vulnerability (Heartbleed) CVE-2014-0160.
Backup for Windows 2.26 Release NotesMozy User Guide
Article Reference ID:
This topic provides release notes for this version of the Mozy backup software for Windows. Release notes identify new and changed features, as well as any issues.
New and Changed Features
This section describes features that are new or changed in this release.
Faster Restores with Multiple Connections
Restores can now use multiple connections to the Mozy cloud for faster transfers and more efficient bandwidth usage. If one connection needs to wait or fails, another connection is used.
Easier Process for Manually Updating the Backup Software
If you are prompted to update the backup software and choose to update later, you are given the option to update on a weekly basis. You can also perform the update at any time through the Mozy icon. To update, right-click the Mozy icon in the notification area and select Update Mozy in the menu. If no updates are available, the menu option is hidden. This feature eliminates the need to search for the latest update.
More Frequent Backups of Lotus Notes Databases
The amount of change required to cause a Lotus Notes database backup is decreased. The database is now backed up more frequently and the size of the updates are smaller.
Added Command Line Options for Controlling the Initial Configuration of the Backup Software
You can specify options when starting the backup software setup program in Windows. These options let you specify information for accounts activated using a product key. You can also hide the replace computer option when setting up a computer if your organization has integrated your authentication service with the Mozy authentication service. This takes away the option for users to replace a computer; they can only add a computer to an account. For more information, see Commands for Windows Backup.
Added a Command Line Option for Replacing Computers during Activation
For organizations that have integrated their authentication service with the Mozy authentication service and are using user assisted activation, you can now use the /replace option with the /userassistedauthenticate command to specify whether a computer being activated replaces a previously activated computer. For more information, see Commands for Windows Backup.
- Fixed an issue where the rules for installing the latest updates were not always working at the expected time.
- Improved the speed of the initial backup of a large file by reducing the number of steps required to perform the backup.
- Fixed an issue that caused more than one expired password dialog to appear if the initial dialog is not acknowledged.
- Fixed an issue that prevented updates to the software update information from being applied.
- Fixed an issue where files selected for backup on network shares were not being saved properly on Windows XP and 2003 computers.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from being able to activate their accounts when activating with only their user name and password.
- Fixed a rare issue with the local backup feature that prevented some of the files from being backed up.
- Added the ability for a user in an organization that has integrated their authentication service with Mozy to replace a computer that is no longer used with a new computer in their account.
- Fixed an issue that prevented backed up files from being associated with their backup sets in the Settings window Restore tab and when accessing files online.
- Fixed an issue where the text in a window displayed during the installation process incorrectly indicated that an insecure (http) link was being used instead of a secure (https) one. This is in the window prompting for a subdomain for organizations that have chosen the Use my company's single sign on activation option.
- Fixed an issue where names entered in Japanese characters during the installation are not displayed properly in the Admin Console.