Set Backup Software to Use a Windows Proxy ServerMozy User Guide
Article Reference ID:
By default, the backup software does not use proxy servers. However, if you have already defined a proxy server for a Mac, the backup software for Mac automatically uses it. Windows users can change proxy server settings directly in the Mozy backup software. You may want to add some advanced proxy server settings to accommodate Mozy specifically, particularly where firewalls are concerned. For more information, see Advanced Proxy Server and Firewall Settings.
If you use Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, make sure your system is compatible with Mozy. For more information, see Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Exceptions.
If you cannot change this setting and you use Windows, you may be able to resolve this issue yourself. For more information, see If Settings Are Greyed Out in the Mozy Backup Software for Windows. If you use MozyPro or MozyEnterprise, you may not be able to change this setting if your account administrator is managing it for you.
- Choose one of the following options:
- (Windows 8) On the Start screen, click the Mozy Settings tile.
- (Windows 7 or earlier) Right-click the Mozy icon in the notification area, then select . For more information, see Open the Backup Software on Windows through the Notification Area.
Note: If you do not see the Mozy icon, you may need to reenable it. For more information, see Reenable the Mozy Icon.
- Click the Options tab, and then click the Network tab.
- Click Setup Proxy.
- To use a proxy server, select one of the following options:
- Use this proxy server: Enter the proxy server you want Mozy to use.
- Use this computer's default proxy server: Mozy uses the default proxy server set up for this computer.
- Automatically detect proxy settings: Mozy configures the proxy server based on your local network proxy settings.
- Use automatic configuration script: Mozy uses the specified script to activate the proxy service. Enter the URL where the script is located.
- Import Windows Proxy Settings: Mozy automatically copies your existing Windows proxy settings at the time you select it. It does not continually monitor your Windows proxy settings for modifications. If your proxy settings change, you need to import your settings again using this option.
- Select a Proxy authentication option:
- My proxy server does not require authentication: You do not need to specify your user name, password or domain for the proxy server.
- My proxy server authenticates my computer via the domain: Uses your domain to log in.
- My proxy requires a user name and password: Specify the user name, password, and optional domain for the proxy server.
- Click OK to save your settings.