As part of the process of configuring client settings, the Bandwidth Throttling tab allows you to set how much of your users’ Internet connection is used during a backup and the days in which throttling will apply. Bandwidth ranges allow for faster backups during slow bandwidth times.
For information about customizing the client configuration, see Create a Client Configuration.
- Click the Bandwidth Throttling tab.
- Select Enable bandwidth throttle.
- Enter the number of kilobits per second permitted for backups in the field provided. The higher the number of kilobits the faster the backup.
- Select the time frame for the bandwidth throttling.
- Select the days you want to throttle bandwidth. Bandwidth is not throttled on non-selected days.
- Select Force users to use these bandwidth options to force users to use the specified bandwidth throttling options.
- To hide the use of bandwidth throttling from users, select Enforce hidden bandwidth limit.